IT Support Specialist at Plante Moran - Southfield,MI
IT Support Specialist
From day one, experience our difference. Our internal firm services focuses on the firm’s critical business needs. From information technology to marketing and everything in between, our integrated solution approach is designed to help enable and manage growth, leverage resources, and mitigate firm operations. At Plante Moran, we have a privilege of serving clients and providing consultative services as they face challenges and seek new opportunities.
Your work will include, but not be limited to:
• Primary responsibility is to provide technical support via the telephone, Microsoft Skype and video conference to over 2400 staff in 21 different locations
• Will assist the team with providing onsite technology support for our Detroit and Southfield offices in addition to the primary responsibilities, (Support activities include: advanced problem diagnosis and resolution, equipment setup/repair, assistance with network/server troubleshooting/ patching).
• Documenting and resolving incidents within the prescribed processes and SLAs (Service Level Agreements).
• Identify, communicate, and eliminate trends related to technology incidents.
• Develop relationships with key staff and assist them in leveraging new technology to enhance client service/business functionality.
• Demonstrate the ability to work independently and prioritize multiple competing tasks.
• Bachelor's Degree in related field preferred
• MCSE, MOS, A+ or Dell Certifications preferred
• Previous customer service experience
• 2+ years’ experience in general technology support
• 1-2 years’ Help Desk experience a plus
• Microsoft Desktop Operating System (Windows 7 & 10)
• Network Connectivity
• Microsoft Office 2013/2016 (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Visio, Outlook)
• Working knowledge of Dell Latitudes preferred
• Server 2008/ 2012 Exchange knowledge a plus.
• Qualified individuals must either reside in or near the Southfield, MI area or be willing to relocate to the area for this opportunity.
We are a nationally recognized public accounting, consulting, and wealth management firm, consistently ranked as one of FORTUNE magazine’s “100 Best Companies to Work For.” At Plante Moran, we live by the Golden Rule, fostering a relatively “jerk-free” culture with the lowest staff turnover rate in the industry. Our supportive network of well-rounded professionals is excited to catapult your growth and help pave your pathway to professional excellence.
Apply now. Experience our difference.
This is a non-exempt position, and is eligible for overtime for hours that exceed the standard 40-hour work week.
Plante Moran is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse workplace.
Interested applicants must submit their resume for consideration using our applicant tracking system. Due to the high volume of applications received, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship, with the exception of candidates that are bilingual in Japanese and English. Unsolicited resumes from search firms or employment agencies, or similar, will not be paid a fee and become the property of Plante Moran.
The specific statements above are not intended to be all-inclusive
It sounds like this role is mostly for tech support, will there be any opportunity for tech/software development?
This is primarily a support role, however, we also see this role as an entry into the firm’s IT department. We’ve had team members transition into all other areas of IT (Project Management, Applications, Infrastructure/Networking, etc.), as well as different areas of the firm. Transitions and paths depend on opportunities available, as well as the interests of the staff member.
Sign in or register to add a comment.
Add a Comment
Welcome to NextGig.Chat!
Orrick,Herrington & Sutcliffe
The Trade Desk
Walker & Company
Gap Solutions,Inc- Careers
GEICO - Careers
Orrick,Herrington & Sutcliffe-Careers
Revolt TV- Careers
Slack - Careers
The Trade Desk-Careers
Thompson Creek- Careers
Walker & Company - Careers
Wegmans - Careers
Terms of Service
Useful Hints and Tips
Created with PlushForums
© 2017 NextGig.Chat